Pookie

Friday, February 11, 2011

A little catch up on life in the Baily family....

I have talked several times on this blog about how we are in a seemingly unending state of transition. And while we know that the Lord is in control and that He has a plan... and even know that we have a very clear vision for what passions He has given us, we just don't exactly understand how those passions relate to a livelihood or a "living." Well, that time of transition continues, and in fact has taken a very interesting turn that most will not understand and may even look down on. That's why I wanted to take the time to explain.

The lease on our apartment was up at the end of January. When we signed the lease a year ago, the plan was to live there a year, just *knowing!* that at the end of that year we would have a plan for what was next in life. haha. Well, the year came and went, and as we saw the end of our lease fast approaching, we realized that we were no closer to knowing the Lord's plan for our next step.

Funny, isn't it sometimes... being a follower of Christ? I think sometimes we use "wanting to know the Lord's will" as an excuse for inaction. I know I've done it. We know in reality that we ALWAYS have a filter through which to know the Lord's will. Is it in line or contrary to His Word? Easy Peasy, right? But then as soon as those words come out of my mouth... I find myself saying, "well, ya. Easier said than done!" What do you do when you have so many options in front of you, none of which are contrary to His Word, and yet each with its own set of unique pros and cons? I can't say that I've really figured out the answer to this question. But I rest in the fact that the Lord is in control, and I'm soooo thankful that it's in His hands and not mine. Ok, now back to the story....

So after much prayer and consideration, we are about to take a step that most people won't understand and may in fact think is crazy. We have decided to move in with my mom & dad in Norman for a time. I know I know, you're thinking, "I'm sorry, you're doing *what*?" But here's the thing.... we don't feel like we can sign another year long lease and tie ourselves in OKC for that long until we figure out what's next. And this way our sweet kiddo can spend lots of time and make lots of memories with her grandparents and cousins (who also live very near) so that she will always have those things to hang on to if/when the Lord moves us somewhere else. And let's be honest... those of you who know me well enough to know my parents... you know that if I had to move my family in with anyone else in the world, it would be my parents. They are the best. Really. And I know there will be tough times, and I know that 2 families living under one roof is never exactly the ideal situation, but to me it goes back to being in the Lord's will. And strange as it sounds, I know this is it. With all the things the Lord is being silent on recently, this is not one of them. He's made it clear that this is a good step, and therefore... believe it or not... we're excited about it! We feel like maybe there's something coming up that He wants to show us, and that for one reason or another, we need to get there before we're ready to hear it. So we're excited about what's to come.

It's yet *another* opportunity to redefine the meaning of home in my heart and for my family. Yet another opportunity for me to let go of my own control on situations and let Him be the Master of my life. My oh my, He's gotta be doing something big here and obviously doesn't want me to miss the lesson. Can't wait to see what He has for us!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You are precious and I'm excited for your family...what sweet memories you will have from this time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete