...as skeptical as I was? Give it a try!
...you know you want to.
(Recipe comes from Betty Crocker's Quick and Easy Cookbook, copyright 2003 General Mills, Inc.)
Fudge Pudding Cake:
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp. baking cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa, the baking powder, and salt in 2-qt. microwavable casserole dish. (make sure your dish is big enough... better to go too big than too small... it will expand as you cook it!)
- Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in nuts. (I didn't have nuts, so my husband suggested I added chocolate chips instead... as if it wasn't chocolatey enough!! haha. It turned out good. But nuts, no nuts, chocolate chips, no chocolate chips... it's all good! Ok, I digress...) Spread evenly in casserole. Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over batter.
- Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 9 minutes; rotate casserole 1/2 turn. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes or until top is almost dry. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
And there it is! It's that easy folks! If people hadn't seen you just stick it in the microwave, they'd have thought you slaved all day over it! :)
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment